A Cultural Event Scheduled for Saturday, October 14th from 9:00 am to 4:00pm!
A family event that transforms the gym at Zion Lutheran Church, downtown Wausau, into a German marketplace! Open to the public. Food, wares and fun!
Come stroll the streets of the annual Strassenfest bazaar! German-themed booths filled with items for sale include:
• Antiques—Items that are 100 years or older including furniture, glassware, pictures, tools, watches, art, books, farm items, etc.
• Vintage Items—Treasures that are 40-50 years old including tins, chests, suitcases, clocks, dishware, buttons, typewriters, scales, knick knacks, vases, books, bookcases, mirrors, etc.
• Kitchen Corner—Cookbooks, cooking tools, towels, dishcloths, pot holders, casserole cozies, plastic bag holders, ceramics, decorative rugs, handmade trays, picnic ensembles, etc.
• Boutique—Handmade items including jewelry, candles, bath soaps, rag dolls and doll clothes, knit baby blankets, booties, bibs, bonnets, quilts, bags, purses, fine art, etc.
• Woodworking—Wooden toys, birdhouses, bird feeders, doll houses, wooden signs, cutting boards, rolling pins, flower boxes, benches, decorative boxes, quilt racks, etc.
• Ye Old Library—Books and Puzzles! Classics, westerns, romance novels, textbooks, kids books, how-to manuals, fairy tales, series, magazines, etc.
• Christmas—Decorative and festive items such as mantelpieces, ornaments, tree skirts, swags, wreaths, table runners, placemats, tablecloths, grapevine trees and wreaths, sleds, ice skates, Christmas story books, etc.
• Pantry—Homemade canned foods and garden produce, salsa, sauerkraut, sauces, dried herbs, spices, plants, corn stalks, gourds and pumpkins, and more!
• Bakery—Homemade goods such as küchen, kringles, stöllen, breads, cookies, bars, pastries, pies, cakes, scones, doughnuts, etc.
• Candy—Divinity, fudge, chocolate, peanut brittle, toffee, truffles, caramels, hard candies, etc.
• Sidewalk Cafe—Treats, sweets and snacks such as pretzels, hot dogs, rolls, kringles, doughnuts, coffeecake, cupcakes, coffee and juice.
The date of this year’s Strassenfest is Saturday, October 14th from 9am-4pm. Mark your calendars! If you’d like to donate any items to our booths, please contact the church office. Donations are tax deductible